Lasagne (That's not my father)
This is a very quick way of making a 'lasagne'. I say it with inverted commas because it bears little resemblance to an Italian Lasagne and would probably cause a nation of Italians to run to the hills and hide in barrels of pasta if they thought their national dish would be forced on them in this way. OK I'm not talking this one up very well, but once you've got over the fact it's not a traditional lasagne, it's actually quite tasty and easy to do.
- 500 g Lamb Mince
- 1 single Onion
- 2 single Peppers
- 200 ml Tomato & Garlic Pasta Sauce Aldi's own brand
- 200 ml Cheese & Bacon Pasta bake Aldi's own brand
- 6 sheets Lasagne Pasta sheets
- Fry off the mince until Brown. Set aside and leave juices in pan
- Chop and fry the Onion and Peppers in the mince juices until soft (I need to thoroughly cook them due to a food allergy, but you can leave this to your own taste)
- Add the mince back in and mix together before adding the jar of Tomato and Garlic pasta sauce. Simmer for 15 minutes
- In an oven-proof container, build the lasagne. Use a layer of the mince/veg mix, followed by a layer of pasta sheets (I needed two per layer) and then spoon some of the cheese & bacon pasta bake sauce on top before repeating until all the mince mixture is used. The top of the lasagne should be a cheese/bacon layer
- Bake for 30-40 minutes at 180C until brown on top and the pasta sheets are cooked.