This Chocolate and Orange Muffins recipe was featured on Rachel Allen’s TV programme yet I’ve never found it online or in a book. So it is transcribed from the programme. And it’s very good 🙂
Chocolate Chip and Orange Muffins
- 2 large Oranges (Zested and Juiced)
- 200 g Plain dark chocolate chips
- 350 g Plain flour
- 150 g Caster sugar
- 100 g Melted butter
- Some Milk (top the orange juice up to 200ml)
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Bicarbinate of Soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 Medium Eggs
- Whisk the eggs and sugar together
- Grate in the zest of oranges – only use the highly coloured zest
- Juice the oranges and add milk to make fluid amount up to 200m
- Add the chocolate, milk/orange mix and melted butter to the mix and blend
- Sieve in the dry ingredients and mix together taking care not to over mix.
- Spoon into 12 muffin cases and bake at 180 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
Be the first to comment on "Chocolate and Orange Muffins"