This is a very simple Flapjacks recipe taking little time to prepare and tasting great. I’m not sure you could say they were healthy having added all the butter in.
- 375 g Porridge oats
- 200 g Butter
- 100 g Golden Syrup
- 100 g Sugar
- Put the Butter, Sugar and Golden Syrup in saucepan (or microwaveable bowl if using a microwave oven) and heat until it is all liquid.
- Meanwhile line a baking tin (20cm x 30cm) with greaseproof paper.
- Mix all the oats into the liquid.
- Put the mixture into the baking tin & press flat.
- For Chewy Flapjacks - Bake at 175 °C (Gas Mark 4) for 25 to 30 minutes. For Crunchy Flapjacks - Bake at 190 °C (Gas Mark 5) for 25 to 30 minutes. Warning: the timing is tolerant but accuracy in temperature is critical.
- Slice into squares before it sets but leave in place in tin.
- Leave to cool and set.