This is another of Chris’ mums recipes, a Chocolate Semifreddo ice-cream. The only thing I know about Freddo is it’s a chocolate frog. And it’s not used in this recipe. I’ve no idea why it has this name….
Chocolate Semifreddo ice-cream
One of my favourite ice cream recipes and you don’t need an ice-cream machine for it either. It just works as per the recipe with no additional stirring required.
- 12 fl oz Double cream
- 4 oz Icing Sugar
- 4 medium Egg Whites ((not the yolk!))
- 3 oz Chocolate, grated
- Few Drops Cointreau/rum/glyva
- Line a 2lb loaf tin with cling film allowing a good overlap
- Whip the Double Cream with half of the sugar until it hold soft peaks.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff, then whisk in the remaining sugar until the egg mixture is stiff and glossy
- Fold the egg mixture into the cream mixture.
- Fold in the grated chocolate and liqueur
- Spoon into loaf tine and spread level
- Cover with another piece of cling film and freeze overnigh
Be the first to comment on "Chocolate Semifreddo ice-cream"