This is another of Chris’ mums recipes, a Chocolate Semifreddo ice-cream. The only thing I know about Freddo is it’s a chocolate frog. And it’s not used in this recipe. I’ve no idea why it has this name….
Chocolate Semifreddo ice-cream
- 12 fl oz Double cream
- 4 oz Icing Sugar
- 4 medium Egg Whites (not the yolk!)
- 3 oz Chocolate, grated
- Few Drops Cointreau/rum/glyva
- Line a 2lb loaf tin with cling film allowing a good overlap
- Whip the Double Cream with half of the sugar until it hold soft peaks.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff, then whisk in the remaining sugar until the egg mixture is stiff and glossy
- Fold the egg mixture into the cream mixture.
- Fold in the grated chocolate and liqueur
- Spoon into loaf tine and spread level
- Cover with another piece of cling film and freeze overnigh