Maple Ice Cream is something a little more unusual, but is very tasty and easy to make.
Soft Scoop Pecan Nut and Maple Ice-Cream
- 250 ml Maple syrup
- 450 ml Double cream
- 3 medium Egg YOLKS ((the yellow bit))
- 125 g Pecan nuts, chopped
- extra maple syrup to serve
- Gently heat the Maple Syrup (do not boil)
- Beat the egg yolks and gradually pour onto the syrup, whisking briefly until well blended
- Allow the mixture to cool
- Whisk the Double Cream until just holding its shape and fold into the cooled syrup mixture
- Transfer to a freezer-proof container and freeze for about 90 minutes until slushy
- Turn into a bowl and beat well to break up any ice crystals
- Stir in the chopped pecan nuts and return the mixture to container.
- Freeze until solid