The Refrigeration Cake is a childhood favourite. Easy to make and set aside in advance of a 1980s dinner party.
This is very 1980s.
- 0.5 Lb Plain biscuits, crushed
- 4 oz Butter
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp Cocoa
- 1 medium Egg, beaten
- 1 handful Sultanas
- Glace Cherries to decorate
- Crush the biscuits
- Melt butter and stir in sugar
- Take off heat and stir in the beaten egg
- Mix the cocoa and biscuits into the butter mix and add dried fruit
- Press mixture into a 7″ cake tin and leave in fridge to set
- Melt chocolate over water and pour over the set biscuit base
- Once cooled, decorate with cherries
- Return to fridge to set
Be the first to comment on "Refrigeration Cake"